Monday, March 07, 2016

Strange Aeons

Generally I am not a huge fan of Cthulhu Mythos type stuff but I have to say, I'm quite intrigued by this adventure path. You start out in an insane asylum with amnesia and have to escape before the place is overrun with horrible creatures from Beyond. I can see how this sort of thing will work for the first adventure, maybe even the second, but it becomes hard to maintain a sense of dread and fear as the PCs turn into reality bending superheroes.

I enjoyed Occult Adventures far more than I expected and those classes (except the Kineticist) seem like a natural fit for an adventure path like this one. This AP definitely looks like a good one and it will be interesting to see how it shapes up.


1 comment:

Rognar said...

It's hard to achieve the true Lovecraftian ambience with Pathfinder. Although not always successful, Pathfinder players go in expecting to win, not merely survive. The doom and gloom of the Mythos is captured better in other, older game systems. Cthulhu is no longer a cosmic horror, just a 'roidded-up tarrasque.