Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The seal is broken.


I love cool miniatures and I am an obssessive collector. The only way I can resist throwing myself into the many awesome minis out there is to never start buying anything. Sometimes sticker shock is enough to keep me at bay. This is why I never leapt into Warhammer. Other times, it requires sheer force of will. Most of the time, my interest fades over time or the quality of the product becomes so atrocious, I just can't justify the expense anymore (talking to you, WotC). But there is always a shiny new hotness from which I just can't stay away. And so, I come to AT-43 (You bastards!). I did it. I walked through the door. I broke the seal. Rackham did what Games Workshop and Wiz Kids could not. They hooked me. May God have mercy on my soul.

-Rognar-

4 comments:

Aaron E. Steele said...

THey were running an AT-43 demo a couple of weeks ago.

Love the minis. I just have too many other hobbies to fund, I can't afford another one!

Timeshadows said...

It is sweet, isn't it?
--Any the pre-paints are luscious minis. :D

Rognar said...

I used to have a serious obsession with the Axis and Allies minis, until WotC began changing, resizing, neglecting and cutting corners with the product line. People in the AAM community used to refer to the minis as "plasticrack". An appropriate description to be sure.

Welcome to the blog, Timeshadows!

Derobane-bane said...

I had this very mini in my hand not long ago. My wife was with me, so I had a huge bonus to my will save.

Rackham stuff is awesome.