Saturday, June 19, 2010

Second dispatch from PaizoCon

Derobane-bane has been rubbing shoulders with some big names in the business. Yesterday, he played in a marathon session with Erik Mona behind the screen. Erik Mona was the former editor-in-chief of both Dragon and Dungeon magazines and is now head publisher for Paizo. D described Mr. Mona as having prodigious stamina, showing no signs of fatigue after nine hours of DMing. He also said Mr. Mona is very skilled at bringing his NPCs to life.

After his marathon gaming session, D later found himself having a discussion at the lounge with a friendly British guy who turned out to be none other than Wayne Reynolds, the artist most responsible for the Pathfinder style. He produced the cover art for both the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and the Pathfinder Bestiary, as well as the famous (and, in some cases, controversial) iconic portraits.

My envy is growing by the day.

Update: Let the games begin
Derobane-bane
Tayloritos


-Rognar-

11 comments:

Obiri said...

1/2 of my staff had Friday off so there was no way I could have gone this year. maybe next year...

Obiri said...

Nice. I actually saw the second one but didn't recognize tayloritos.

On a complete aside. Just finished watching GI Joe and am left wondering why all of the ice sinks at the end of the movie. Not that there was a shred of realism in the rest of the movie but sinking ice?

Rognar said...

There was some debate about that after the movie first came out last year. Those who tried to defend it said the ice was full of tunnels and other structures made of metal which supposedly overcame the buoyancy. I didn't buy it. If it were true, you should have seen smaller pieces of ice breaking off and floating back up to the surface.

Rognar said...

I could be wrong about it being him. I am awaiting confirmation. Sure looks like him though.

The one with D-bane is pretty obvious, though.

Little Tayloritos said...

My mom and me both think that is him.

Liz said...

I don' think it's him, I know it's him!! thx for sharing the pic! I found a lot more pictures of him. And D-bane looks a bit possessed!!

Tayloritos said...

Totally me

Obiri said...

So where are the rest of the Paizocon updates. What cool stuff did you guys find out?

Tayloritos said...

We were at the Adv. Player Guide talk and I am sure someone who paid more attention then me has blogged about it. There is going to be a huge number of choices for every character in that book. I think the barbarian is getting a lot of love in the form of rage powers and every character class will have some options that are race dependent. They did some minor fiddling with the new classes that is different from the last play test.
Traits will also be in the book. It look like 230 pages of crunch for players.

That is what I remember.

Aaron E. Steele said...

I'd try to guy who's who, but I have no clue what you all look like.

Sounds like fun was had. What great luck to have Mona as your DM!

Rognar said...

D-bane is the guy looking menacingly at the camera. Tayloritos is the guy with the glasses.