Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My gaming history

So who am I and why do I think I can write about gaming? Well, I played Dungeons and Dragons for the first time in 1980! Yes, I started 25 years ago, back when Gary Gygax still wrote material for the game and Wizards of the Coast didn't exist. I saw the 80s explosion when every gamer and his dog had a published RPG on the market and I played a lot of them. Although D&D/AD&D/AD&D 2nd ed./D&D 3/3.5 is still my favourite game, I've tried my hand at GURPS, Call of Cthulhu, RIFTS, Traveller, Star Frontiers, Gamma World, Alternity, Chivalry and Sorcery, Mechwarrior, Star Wars d6 System and Pendragon. I've also played my share of wargames, namely Star Fleet Battles, BattleTech and Warhammer. Now, a quarter century later, I'm still playing, even though I've gone through a half-dozen different gaming groups. I just hope whatever retirement home I end up at in another 30 years has a good gaming room and a bunch of guys who know how to roll a 20-sider.

-Rognar-

No comments: